Altamura guided tour
Famous for the typical PDO bread production, Altamura also boasts the presence of an interesting Medieval Cathedral built by Frederick II of Swabia and of a series of noble buildings along the streets of the old town.
The tour continues as follows: visit to the Visitor Centre, “Man of Altamura”, with video explanation of Lamalunga cave and of the discovery of the unique complete fossil skeleton of a prehistoric human.
It’s possible to add the visit of a bakery.
Not to miss in Altamura
- Lamalunga Visitor Centre
Opening times (closed on Monday): March-September 9:00-18:00, October-February 10:00-13:00/14:00-18:00
- National Archaeological Museum
Opening times: Mon-Fri 8.00-19.45, Sat-Sun 8.00-13.45
Opening times: 8:00-12:00/16:00-20:00
- Length: 4h/half day
- Places to visit: Frederick's Cathedral, Lamalunga Visitor Center
- Suitable for: schools, groups, individuals and families
- Period: all the year
- Pair with: Matera, Gravina, Bari
- Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish