Galatina guided tour
Galatina is the third most populous comune in the Province of Lecce and it boasts one of the most beautiful and important basilicas in Italy, the Church of Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, which has walls rich with artwork and pictures, a gift to history left by the Orsini family in the XVI century. The church is characterized by a Gothic-Romanesque style and it’s one of the most visited in Puglia.
The visit includes a walk in the old town, in particular to see The Clock Tower, The Sedile and the antique gates of the city.
Not to miss in Galatina
- Church of Santa Caterina d'Alessandria
Opening times: Mon-Sat 8:30-12:30/16:00-18:30, Sun 16:00-18:30
- Length: 2h/half day
- Places to visit: Church of Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, old town
- Suitable for: schools, groups, individuals and families
- Period: all the year
- Pair with: Lecce, Otranto, Gallipoli, Santa Maria di Leuca
- Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish