Matera guided tour (Basilicata)
Matera is considered one of the most suggestive places in southern Italy and it was declared Italian host for the European Capital of Culture 2019.
The visit will take us to discover the history of a town carved into rock, where inhabitants still lived until the XX century. The itinerary includes a visit to a cave-like house recently opened to the public, and to ancient rupestric churches and cisterns. A really unique and suggestive experience.
Not to miss in Matera
- Cave-like House of Vico Solitario
Opening times: 9:00-19:30
Opening times: summer (March 25, 2017 – November 2, 2017) 9:00-19:00, winter (November 3, 2017 – March 19, 2018) 9:00-18:00
- Rupestric Churches (Santa Maria de Idris, San Giovanni in Monterrone, Santa Lucia alle Malve, San Pietro Barisano)
Opening times: (March 25, 2017 – November 2, 2017) 10:00-19:00, winter (November 3, 2017 – March 19, 2018) 10:00-16:00
- Length: 2,5h/half day
- Places to visit: Cavelike House, Cathedral, Rupestric Church
- Suitable for: schools, groups, individuals and families
- Period: all the year
- Pair with: Alberobello, Bari, Altamura, Gravina, Castel del Monte
- Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish