Monte Sant’Angelo guided tour
In 2011 Monte Sant’Angelo was definitively inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The evocative Basilica-cave consecrated to San Michele Arcangelo narrates a millennia of history. The cult of San Michele crossed Europe and arrived here via the Monti Dauni and Monte Sant’Angelo, the city desidered by the Divine before mankind”.
The old town is still similar to how it was during the Middle Ages.
If there’s time for a tasty snack, the characteristic two local bread slices with sweet salami and caciocavallo will satisfy everybody’s palates.
Not to miss in Monte Sant'Angelo
- Basilica of San Michele Arcangelo
(November-March) weekdays 7:30-12:30/14:30-17:00, holidays 7:00-13:00/14:30-19:00
(April-June and October) weekdays 7:30-12:30/14:30-19:00, holidays 7:00-13:00/14:30-20:00
(July-September) weekdays 7:30-19:00, holidays 7:00-20:00
Opening times: 9:00-13:00/14:00-19:00
- Length: 3h/half day
- Places to visit: Basilica of San Michele Arcangelo, Quarter Junno, Castle
- Suitable for: schools, groups, individuals and families
- Period: all the year
- Pair with: San Giovanni Rotondo, Lucera, Manfredonia
- Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish