Polignano a Mare guided tour
Polignano a Mare, the birthplace of Domenico Modugno, is characterised by a breathtaking landscape, thanks to its territorial morphology.
The old town is perched on a rocky headland overlooking the sea and thanks to the beautiful terraces it’s possible to admire sea caves and natural creeks carved into the rock by waves over time. The old town hides an amazing Cathedral and narrow alleys that always lead to the sea.
The taste of the famous “special coffee”, exclusive invention of a well-known pastry chef, deserves a stop.
Not to miss in Polignano a Mare
- Old town with its many terraces overlooking the sea
- Church of Santa Maria Assunta
Opening times: Sat-Sun 9:00-22:00
- Monument to Domenico Modugno
- Abbey of San Vito (San Vito locality – Polignano a Mare)
Opening times: it's possible to visit it only during Mass on Sunday at 9:00)
- Length: 2h/half day
- Places to visit: old town, Cathedral and possibility to make a boat tour
- Suitable for: schools, groups, individuals and families
- Period: all the year
- Pair with: Lecce, Alberobello, Monopoli, Grotte di Castellana
- Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish