TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH AND THAT OF THE GUIDE THAT ACCOMPANIES YOU, THE GUIDED VISIT WILL BE PRIVATE AND OPEN TO A MAXIMUM OF 10 PEOPLE (who are part of the same family or friends) FOR THE ENTIRE 2020.
Immerse yourself in a fascinating baroque atmosphere in Lecce, in southern Puglia.
The historical center and the monuments are rich in particular ornaments and baroque decorations, which characterize not only the churches and public monuments, but also the facades and balconies of private homes. The tour, like all the others we offer, includes the presence of a local tour guide. All participants will also have the opportunity to admire the papier-mache masters at work and finally taste an exquisite local tipicality: the pasticciotto!
For a suggestive visit of Lecce, choose and book the sunset tour at 6.00 pm
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
We will begin from Piazza Sant’Oronzo where the Spire of the Patron Saint is located. From here will begin our journey through the beauties of the Baroque of Lecce and testimonies of the Roman era, admiring the Cathedral, the church of Santa Croce, the amphitheater and the Roman Theater, the exterior of the Castle of Charles V and numerous facades of ancient buildings. A mandatory stop at a local pastry shop to taste the famous pasticciotto: a tender pastry filled with delicious cream.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
• Admire the Baroque style of Lecce
• Observe the craftsmanship of paper-making masters
• Taste the pasticciotto
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
• Length: 2h
• Start time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (until to 30/9)
• Meeting point: next to Caffè Alvino, Piazza Sant’Oronzo
• Available languages: English and Spanish
• Available everyday, except holidays
• Includes: tour guide and pasticciotto tasting
• Free for children under 18
• What's not included in the price: Entrance ticket (optional) Basilica of Santa Croce + Duomo + Seminar € 6.50 adults, € 2 under 18. You can buy it online on our website
• Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour