Live authentic experiences in sharing with other travelers
Emotional walking tour in Matera at the sunset visiting the city from another point of view, strolling among the "Sassi" with a tour guide that will lead you to know the history and the most fascinating places of the city.
After meeting up the tour guide in Piazza Vittorio Veneto you will begin the walking tour in the city of the Sassi, a UNESCO site and European Capital of Culture 2019.
The city acquires a unique charm at the sunset and with the lighting of the lights it seems to be in a living crib.
The guide will take you to the ancient districts: Sasso Barisano and Sasso Caveoso where houses and churches were dug in the rock. Here you can visit a cave church and a cave house.
The historic center of Matera has many balconies overlooking the Sassi and the Murgia Materana Park where you can enjoy the view.
Then you will reach one of the highest points of the city, where you will visit the Cathedral and listen about the history of Matera.
Tour in brief: the main stages
- Piazza Vittorio Veneto (panoramic point)
- Piazza del Sedile
- Via Duomo
Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour
- Length: 2h 30 m
- Start time: 6.00 pm from 16/5 to 30/9
- Meeting point: next to the bank "Banco di Napoli", Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Matera
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Included in the price: tour guide
- Available from Monday to Saturday, except holidays
- Tour in sharing guaranteed on min. 2 participants.Group size: max 15