TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH AND THAT OF THE GUIDE THAT ACCOMPANIES YOU, THE GUIDED VISIT WILL BE PRIVATE AND OPEN TO A MAXIMUM OF 10 PEOPLE (who are part of the same family or friends) FOR THE ENTIRE 2020.
Monte Sant’Angelo is a village perched at 843 s.l.m. It represents the highest point of the Gargano and is famous above all as a pilgrimage destination, thanks to the suggestive Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo.
The history of the city is closely linked to the apparitions of the Archangel and the birth of the Sanctuary, starting from the 6th century AD Monte Sant’Angelo has been listed as a UNESCO site since 2011.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
We will leave from the Castle to continue the guided tour of the sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo and then we will walk in the medieval village, the "Junno quarter" characterized by narrow streets and rural houses leaning against each other built in local stone. You will have the opportunity to admire the view from one of the balconies overlooking the Parco del Gargano and the blue sea.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
• Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo
• Junno quarter
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
• Length: 2 h
• Start time: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
• Meeting point: next to the Castle entrance, Largo Roberto il Guiscardo
• Available languages: English and Spanish
• Available everyday, except holidays
• Included: tour guide, entrance to Sanctuary
• Excluded: Castle, San Pietro Church € 2
• Free for children under 18
• Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour