Book the guided tour of Castel del Monte with the entrance ticket included avoiding the queue.
Guided tour in sharing, for small groups of maximum 6 participants. By booking this visit you will have direct access to the castle with your entrance ticket already reserved.
Since 1996 UNESCO has recognized Castel del Monte as a world heritage site. Built by Frederick II of Swabia, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, in the thirteenth century, it is located 542 meters above sea level, in the heart of the Alta Murgia Park. Its octagonal shape is what made it so famous and appreciated by visitors from all over the world, who in numerous visit it to admire a unique and spectacular architecture.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
You will meet the tour guide at the CAT car park at the foot of the castle and together you will reach him with a shuttle. In compliance with the new covid regulation, the guided tour will be carried out mainly outside giving you all the informations relating to the history and art of this magnificent place. Following the guide will accompany you inside the castle.
Castel del Monte is the only octagonal monument made of local limestone. Over the years this castle has been the subject of studies on its real use and still today fascinates visitors, scholars, curious and never ceases to surprise us. Castel del Monte symbolically represents the power of its Emperor and certainly covered a role of territorial control, but, unlike other defensive structures, it is rich in precious coral and marble breccia decorations that embellish the rooms, windows and doors. The itinerary inside the castle will take us through the octagonal courtyard, the 8 rooms on each floor, the spiral stairs and the eight octagonal towers.
SHORT TOUR: THE MAIN STAGES
• Admire the landscape of the Alta Murgia
• Listen to the story of Federico II
• Visit the octagonal castle
MORE IMPORTANT TOUR INFORMATION:
• Duration: 1h and 30 min in total
• Starting times: every hour from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
• Meeting point: CAT car park, at the foot of the castle
• Available from Monday to Saturday, except holidays
• Available languages: Italian, English and Spanish
• Includes: guided tour with qualified guide and entrance ticket
• What is not included in the price: shuttle € 1 per person, car parking € 5.
• Booking up to 48 h before
• Cancellation policies: if you cancel 48 hours before, 50% of the cost will be refunded as the entrance ticket is purchased online and does not provide for cancellations with refund.
If you cancel within 48 h there is no refund.
Services included in the tour
Multilingual tour guide