Discover the history of Gallipoli during a guided tour with a local guide you will walk in the historic center and visit beautiful palaces and baroque churches. Gallipoli is one of the most fascinating cities of Salento, famous for its crystal clear sea.
WHAT WILL YOU DO DURING THE TOUR?
We will begin the guided tour of Gallipoli, starting from the Greek fountain, probably the oldest in Italy, built in the 3rd century. A. C. Gallipoli is located in Salento on the Ionian coast, famous for its crystalline sea, but no less important is its historic center which preserves ancient buildings, beautiful baroque churches and characteristic alleys.
Gallipoli has two areas: the modern village and the historic center located on a small island connected to the mainland by a masonry bridge and still surrounded by the ancient defensive walls of the 1500s.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
- Historic center
- Greek fountain
- Baroque churches
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR:
- Length: 1 h 30 m
- Meeting point: next to the Greek fountain, Corso Roma, Gallipoli
- Available times: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm - 6.00 pm (until to the 30/9)
- Available everyday, except holidays
- Available languages: English
- Includes: licensed tour guide
- Free for children under 18
- Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour