TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH AND THAT OF THE GUIDE THAT ACCOMPANIES YOU, THE GUIDED VISIT WILL BE PRIVATE AND OPEN TO A MAXIMUM OF 10 PEOPLE (who are part of the same family or friends) FOR THE ENTIRE 2020.
THEREFORE, OTHER PEOPLE CANNOT AGGREGATE, OTHER THAN WHO HAS BOOKED IT. IN ADDITION, IF THE VISIT IS NOT CARRIED OUT DUE TO LOGISTIC PROBLEMS RELATED TO THE HEALTH EMERGENCY IT WILL BE POSSIBLE TO USE THE VOUCHER AT ANY OTHER DATE OF 2020 OR 2021.
Monopoli is one of the most characteristic cities of the Adriatic Sea and its historical center of high-medieval origin, surrounded by high walls, overlooks the sea. Inside there is the castle of Charles V and the ancient port, built in the Messapian era in the 5th century BC.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
After meeting the local tour guide, you will begin the guided tour in sharing with other travelers through the historic center of Monopoli, a maze of narrow streets that hide small art treasures.
The guide will guide you through these streets and will tell you the story of the Virgin Mary coming from the sea, loved by the inhabitants of Monopoli; of the legend kept in the walls of the castle and will take you to an underground church. The guide will show you the best places to taste the typical food and products of Monopoli and if you want to try them you can pay at the moment or buy the tasting at the moment of the booking on this web site.
For a suggestive visit of Monopoli choose and book the sunset tour at 6:00 pm, active from the 18th of May to the 30th of September.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
- Meet the tour guide and visit the historic center
- Listen to the story of the Madonna coming from the sea
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
- Length: 2 h
- Available times: 10.00 am- 4.00 pm - 6.00 pm (until to the 30/9)
- Available everyday, except holidays
- Meeting Point: Largo Plebiscito, next to the entrance to the Church of San Francesco d'Assisi
- Available languages: English and Spanish
- Includes: licensed tour guide
- Optional tasting (to pay at the moment or on this web site at the moment of the booking)
- Free for children under 18
- Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour