7-day tour through the most beautiful destinations in Puglia and Basilicata
- private tour, guaranteed for minimum 2 participants. Group size: maximum 15 people
- departure everyday, except holidays
- If you are not a car during your trip, you can purchase the package that includes transfers by minivan, by selecting "Hotel + guides + transfer" in the cart. If instead you travel with your car select "Hotel + guides"
- Booking 20 days in advance
- Single room rate: € 1340 (without transfer) - € 2140 (with transfer)
- Rate per adult in a double room: € 1100 (without transfer) - € 1900 (with transfer)
- Discounted rate for small groups from 3 to 6 people, with double or triple overnight stays: € 1000 (without transfer) - € 1400 (with transfer)
- Young people from 6 to 17 years: € 550 (without transfer) - € 950 (with transfer)
- Free for children from 0 to 5 years
- 6 nights / 7 days in a 4-star hotel in the city center (2 Bari, 2 Alberobello, 2 Lecce)
- 6 breakfasts
- Minivan with driver on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th days (if you buy the rate that includes the transfer)
- Local guides in Bari - Trani- Castel del Monte- Matera - Alberobello - Ostuni - Lecce
- Castel del Monte, Matera and Baroque churches of Lecce entrance tickets
1st day BARI
Independent arrival in Bari. At 6.00 pm street food tour with an authorized local guide. Capital of Puglia, Bari boasts the presence of the Basilica of San Nicola, an important example of Apulian Romanesque architecture. This church is included among the most important places of worship in the world.
Our street food tour will take you to "Bari vecchia" the ancient village, where time seems to stand still: women who, every day, sitting outside their homes, prepare orecchiette and children playing in the street. We will have the opportunity to taste the local "focaccia" and the "sgagliozze", typical specialties of Bari. Check-in in a 4-star hotel in the city center Palace Hotel Bari or similar (2 night)
2nd day CASTEL DEL MONTE / TRANI
Breakfast and departure for Castel del Monte, one of the most mysterious and fascinating castles in southern Italy commissioned by Frederick II of Swabia. The guided tour with a tour guide will trace the history of the monument enriching the visit with anecdotes about the life of the Emperor defined as "Stupor Mundi". Free lunch.
Departure for Trani "Slow city", considered "The pearl of the Adriatic". Trani is best known for its beautiful Apulian Romanesque Cathedral on the sea. The walk with a local tourist guide through the ancient Jewish quarter will reveal the multicultural characteristic of the city that still preserves an ancient synagogue of the twelfth century. It will be nice to get lost among the ancient arcades and stalls of freshly caught fish.Return in Bari
3rd day MATERA / ALBEROBELLO
Breakfast and departure for Matera, considered one of the most suggestive cities in southern Italy. It was declared a UNESCO site in 1993 and is the Italian headquarters of the European Capital of Culture 2019. The visit with an authorized local guide will lead us to discover the history of a city carved into the rock, where the inhabitants still lived until the 20th century. The itinerary includes a visit to a cave house and an ancient rupestrian church. A truly unique and suggestive experience.
Free lunch. Departure towards an unmissable destination: Alberobello. It has a fairy-tale charm like no other place, thanks to the other presence of Trulli, an important example of rural architecture that still survives today. Guided tour at 6.00 pm with a local guide, who will take you to the vantage point where you can see the trulli expanse of the Rione Aia Piccola. Check in 4 star hotel Trulli Holiday or similar (2 nights)
4th day POLIGNANO A MARE
Breakfast and transfer to Polignano a Mare. Free time to explore the Domenico Modugno's hometown with its characterized by a breathtaking landscape, thanks to its territorial morphology. The historic center is perched on a rocky promontory overlooking the sea and thanks to the splendid terraces it is possible to admire sea caves and natural inlets carved by the waves in the rock. Return to Alberobello at 1.00 pm. Free evening
5th day OSTUNI / LECCE
Breakfast and transfer to Ostuni. Also called "La Città Bianca", Ostuni stands out for its characteristic historic center with totally white painted houses, which the Apulian sun makes brighter. You will be guided by a local tour guide in this strategic place from which you can admire the incredible expanse of olive trees bordered by the deep blue sea. The Cathedral also represents the most important monument of the city in its Romanesque-flowered style.
Free lunch. Transfer to Lecce for a walking tour at 6.00 pm, with an authorized tour guide. Lecce is one of the most elegant, refined and appreciated cities of Southern Italy. Here the Baroque style predominates, taking on a local connotation, the "Baroque of Lecce", which decorates the facades of churches and historic buildings. Walking through the historic center you will admire the windows of the artisan shops: from papier-mâché to local pastries.Check in 4 star hotel in the city center Hotel President Lecce or Hotel Santa Chiara or similar (2 nights)
6th day OTRANTO
Breakfast and transfer to Otranto and free time to explore the village. Return to Lecce and free evening
7th day END
Breakfast and end of services
- arrival / departure transfers
- lunches and dinners
- trip cancellation insurance
- tourist taxes and everything not expressly indicated
- pre-tour or post-tour, extra excursion (ask for a quote)