Tour with transfer by a comfortable 8 seat minivan, in sharing
Give yourself a full day to discover the beauties of Salento, in the far south of Puglia. With this tour you will start from the center of Lecce with a comfortable minivan with driver who will accompany you to Otranto and Gallipoli that you will visit with a local guide.
HOW THE TOUR IS ORGANIZED?
Get aboard a comfortable minivan in the center of Lecce and set off with your driver to discover Salento. An expert guide will guide you in the visits of Otranto and Gallipoli. You will begin the guided tour in Otranto admiring the exterior of the Aragonese Castle, built at the end of the fifteenth century with its towers and walls that protected the city. You will walk through the characteristic alleys of the historic center, discovering the history of Otranto, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, with a view of the sea which is located in the easternmost point of the heel of Italy. The Cathedral of the Annunciation will leave you breathless because it houses one of the most beautiful mosaics in southern Italy, built in the second half of the twelfth century and which represents the tree of life.
You will then head towards Gallipoli, whose ancient village is located on an islet connected by a bridge to the mainland. The village is characterized by fascinating glimpses of the crystal clear sea, by ancient palaces, by baroque churches and by the defensive walls of the 16th century that surround it. Let yourself be amazed by the splendid scenery before leaving for the return journey to Lecce.
THE TOUR IN BRIEF:
- Departure from Lecce by minivan
- Guided tours in Otranto and Gallipoli
- Return in Lecce
- Length: 9 h
- Departure: 9.00 am - Return: 6.00 pm
- Meeting point: Caffè Alvino, Piazza Sant'Oronzo, Lecce
- Available all year, from Monday to Saturday, except holidays
- Languages available: English
- Includes: roundtrip transfer, visits in Otranto and Gallipoli with local tour guides
- Tour in sharing, with guaranteed departure on minimum 2 partecipants. Group size: max 8 people
- Free cancellation 48 h before the departure