Canosa, besides being one of the oldest cities in Puglia, is also a center with a very long continuity of settlement.
It boasts the presence of numerous civilizations that have followed one another on its territory, from the Dauna to the Roman and Medieval.
Canosa is also one of the main archaeological centers of the whole Puglia and preserves innumerable hypogeums, churches, remains of temples and noble houses testimony of a glorious past.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
We will leave, in the company of an experienced tour guide, in front of the San Sabino Cathedral, built in the Lombard period (7th-8th century) with reconstructions over the centuries, which houses the Mausoleum of Bohemond, a true jewel of medieval art .
Afterwards we will stop at the Archaeological Museum at Palazzo Sinesi which preserves finds from the various hypogea and ancient buildings of the Daunian and Roman eras, which tell the history and importance of the city.
Finally it will be possible to visit one of the best preserved hypogea a few steps from the historical center.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
• Cathedral of San Sabino and Mausoleum of Bohemond
• Museum Palazzo Sinesi
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
• Length: 2h
• Meeting point: San Sabino Cathedral, Corso S. Sabino, Canosa di Puglia
• Start time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.- 6:00 pm
• Available languages: English and Spanish
• Available everyday, except holidays
• Includes: tour guide
• Free for children under 18
• Free cancellation until 48 h before the departure