TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH AND THAT OF THE GUIDE THAT ACCOMPANIES YOU, THE GUIDED VISIT WILL BE PRIVATE AND OPEN TO A MAXIMUM OF 10 PEOPLE (who are part of the same family or friends) FOR THE ENTIRE 2020.
THEREFORE, OTHER PEOPLE CANNOT AGGREGATE, OTHER THAN WHO HAS BOOKED IT.
IN ADDITION, IF THE VISIT IS NOT CARRIED OUT DUE TO LOGISTIC PROBLEMS RELATED TO THE HEALTH EMERGENCY IT WILL BE POSSIBLE TO USE THE VOUCHER AT ANY OTHER DATE OF 2020 OR 2021.
San Giovanni Rotondo is one of the most important religious destinations in Italy, because it preserves the remains of San Pio da Pietrelcina, a Capuchin friar who spent most of his life in this charming area.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
You will leave the guide in front of the Ancient Church and during the journey you will listen the life of the friar and we will visit the places where Padre Pio lived: the Ancient church, the convent and his private room. Finally we will visit the new Church, which houses the remains of the Saint, the Sanctuary of San Pio, inaugurated in 2004 and designed by the architect Renzo Piano, almost entirely from the offerings of the Pilgrims.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
• the ancient church, the convent
• the remains of the saint
• the private room of San Pio
• the sanctuary
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
• Length: 1 h 30 m
• Meeting point: Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, next to the column with the cross
• Available time: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
• Available from Monay to Saturday, except holidays
• Available languages: Italian, English, Spanish
• Includes: licensed tour guide
• Fre for under 18
• Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour