Walking tour in sharing
San Giovanni Rotondo is one of the most important religious destinations in Italy, because it preserves the remains of San Pio da Pietrelcina, a Capuchin friar who spent most of his life in this charming area.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
You will leave the guide in front of the Ancient Church and during the journey you will listen the life of the friar and we will visit the places where Padre Pio lived: the Ancient church, the convent and his private room. Finally we will visit the new Church, which houses the remains of the Saint, the Sanctuary of San Pio, inaugurated in 2004 and designed by the architect Renzo Piano, almost entirely from the offerings of the Pilgrims.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
• the ancient church, the convent
• the remains of the saint
• the private room of San Pio
• the sanctuary
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
• Length: 1 h 30 m
• Available time: 9.30 am - 3.00 pm
• Meeting point: Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie in front of the column with the cross
• Available from Monay to Saturday, except holidays
• Available languages: Italian, English, Spanish and French
• tour in aggregation at guaranteed departure on min 2 paying adults. the group size is up to 20 people