Walking tour in sharing
San Giovanni Rotondo is one of the most important religious destinations in Italy, because it preserves the remains of San Pio da Pietrelcina, a Capuchin friar who spent most of his life in this charming area.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WALK?
You will leave the guide in front of the Ancient Church and during the journey you will listen the life of the friar and we will visit the places where Padre Pio lived: the Ancient church, the convent and his private room. Finally we will visit the new Church, which houses the remains of the Saint, the Sanctuary of San Pio, inaugurated in 2004 and designed by the architect Renzo Piano, almost entirely from the offerings of the Pilgrims.
TOUR IN BRIEF: THE MAIN STAGES
• the ancient church, the convent
• the remains of the saint
• the private room of San Pio
• the sanctuary
Free cancellation until 48 h before the tour
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE TOUR
• Length: 1 h 30 m
• Meeting point: Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, next to the column with the cross
• Available time: 9.30 am all year - 3.00 pm from 1/10 to 16/5 - 4.00 pm from 18/5 to 30/9
• Available from Monay to Saturday, except holidays
• Available languages: Italian, English, Spanish
• Includes: licensed tour guide
• Fre for under 15
• tour in aggregation at guaranteed departure on min 2 paying adults. the group size is up to 15 people