Private tour for your group
WHAT TO SEE IN ALTAMURA
• Cathedral of the Assumption - women's galleries and bell tower
• Entrance ticket € 2 per person Opening hours: 8: 00-12: 00/16: 00-20: 00
• Lamalunga Visitor Center Days and opening hours (closed Monday): March-September 9: 00-18: 00, October-February 10: 00-13: 00/14: 00-18: 00
• National archeologic museum Days and opening hours: Mon-Fri 8.00-19.45, Sat-Sun 8.00-13.45
INFO ON THE GUIDED TOUR OF ALTAMURA
• Qualified tour guide (ask for rate)
• Duration: 2h / half day
• Stages: Frederick's Cathedral, women's galleries, historic center
• Target: schools, groups, individuals and families
• Group of up to 50 people per guide
• Period: all year round
• Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish
• Tasting on request (various options with supplement)
• Radio guides on request with supplement
Guided tour of the city famous for the production of PDO bread, Altamura boasts the presence of an interesting medieval Cathedral, the only one built by Frederick II of Swabia and a succession of noble palaces along the streets of the historic center. It will also be possible to access the splendid women's galleries and the bell tower, which have been reopened to the public.
Afterwards, the visit continues in the ancient village, to admire ancient palaces, small churches and cross the many "cloisters", or small closed neighborhoods in which we lived and settled communities belonging to the same ethnic group for social and defensive purposes.
At the end it is possible to add a visit to a bakery and taste the Altamura Dop bread.