Guided tour shared or private
If you are in Matera, do not miss the opportunity to visit Altamura, famous above all for the production of the local bread, typical in its particular form. This city also has a wonderful historic center which houses numerous treasures of medieval architecture and art.
- Porta Baresana
- Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta
- Old Town
- Duration: 1h and a half
- Availability: select a date on the calendar on the right and consult the available timetables
- Private option or in aggregation with other participants (max 15 people)
- Meeting point: Porta Baresana
- Includes: tour guide
- Available languages: Italian, English and Spanish
- Free for under 18s
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the tour
We will leave from Porta Baresana, one of the ancient medieval gates of the city and continue along Via dei Mercanti to visit in particular the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, the only church built by Emperor Frederick II, whose portal is one of the most beautiful in Puglia .
We will walk through the streets of the historic center to appreciate ancient buildings and churches.